The TDI Extended Range Diver course is to train divers in the proper techniques, equipment requirements and hazards of deep air diving to a maximum of 55m/180ft using nitrox or oxygen mixes for staged decompression. The bulk of the theory can be completed online via e-learning to maximise in-water time and instructor focus on other key topics.
The minimum required in-water time is 100 minutes. The reality is each dive is usually around 60-90mins giving an average in-water time of between 240 to 300 minutes, far exceeding what is required. This gives us a decent amount of time to get skills and drills to the level they need to be. This course will always be taught with an ‘above and beyond’ mentality, prepare for long, challenging extended dives and a modern approach from me.
Technical diver orientated repair clinic bolt-on classes can be added to your TDI Technical Diver training. A bolt-on repair clinic after completion of your tech class is a great way to develop higher understanding of how the equipment works, get real hands on experience and learn some effective troubleshooting skills. Find out more info here.
- 18 years old.
- 100 logged dives, of which 25 must be deeper than 30m/100ft.
- Certified as a TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver and TDI Decompression Procedures Diver or equivalent.
- 2-3 Days with 4 open water dives if e-learning is complete.
- History of deep air diving,
- Decompression options,
- Equipment considerations,
- Dive tables,
- Operation, team and emergency dive planning,
- Land, pre-dive and in-water drills.
- Subic Bay, Philippines.
- Onboard a vessel or other location of your choice.
Have a question? We have answers!